I knew last year that anyone advertising with Steve Cyrkin and his Autograph Live magazine website should be looked into further.  Steve Cyrkin is promoting an auction and hoping to help them sell lots of naked photos of celebrities.  I'm seriously questioning the authenticity of many of these pieces.  Do these look authentic? 

I know Julie Andrews is a tough signature.  Could this be authentic?  Cyrkins website claims to help people with authenticity.

I thought Kathernie Hepburn refused to sign photos.  She did here?  The Jane Fonda looks different too but Steve Cyrkin promotes these.

How about this Bill Novak?  I think it's suppose to be Kim?  Am I  missing something?

I thought Vanna White would never sign these photographs? 

Nice Madonna image.  Is that her signature?  Huh.  I feel stupid.

No way!  A nude photo signed by Britney Spears?

This is my favorite.  When these images came out Betty White said it wasn't her in the photo, that the girl looked better then she ever did.  But she signs it anyway with a version of her signature never before seen?

What do you guys/gals think?  Is Steve Cyrkin promoting the distribution of forgeries?  Or are these all fine and my bad?  Something doesn't seem right with the signatures on many of these pieces.  It looks too good to be true.  But if you like nude images they have plenty.  Just conserned about protecting collectors from bad pieces and I know Autograph Planet is known for breaking the news on cover ups by Autograph Live/Steve Cyrkin.  What does Mr. Zipper of RR Auction think?  Does Steve Zarelli endorse the authenticity of all these?  Just curious.

You need to be a member of Autograph Planet to add comments!

Join Autograph Planet

Replies

• Regency offers up the stamped version of JLL's signature, would be nice if they indicated it as such?

• Any thoughts on these two?

Janet Jackson

Bo Derek

• I would like to wish the true experts in authenticity, found only on Autograph Planet a terrific Thanksgiving.

Perfect example of a complete contradiction in morality seen elsewhere trying to show people how to buy real autographs during the holidays, how paramount authenticity is and then recommending the worse forgeries available during the holiday season.  When their hands are in the cookie jar moving, promoting, and authenticating forgeries on a wide scale it's okay.  Say's it all.  The forgery industry is alive and well and can be found right there.  The rest is just smokescreen to give the appearance that they care.  They don't, still promoting obvious junk.

• The first step is to preserve and document the connection between AML and the auction discussed:

• Agreed, take time, document! Don't succumb or engage in the lynch mob behavior of inferior sites. If problems become apparant, let's be gentlemen and work with the auctioneer. I honestly don't see AML as a group who could deal with all of this coherently or effectively. Look at how theyve flubbed so much already. Time will tell. I'm sure AP can get to the bottom of all this!!!

Gobble Gobble!
  • Document everything! Secure a timeframe along with the documentation. Email Mr. Cyrkin, maje him aware. Hopefully our site is better than theirs and we take time to back up our allegations. Seems like AML and its leaders may lack the requisite authentication ability. Wasnt that the case with starbrite?
  • This may be worse than the Michael Jackson forged sketches. Cyrkins blog motto is;

"AUTHENTICITY IS EVERYTHING."

I think he should add a line;

"UNLESS WE SELL IT OR AUTHENTICATE IT!"

• +2 about credibility of the auction house.  Fine outfit but this is awful.

Legally, I think Mr. Cyrkin could be held liable for promoting this material.  He's basically endorsing it or taking their money and not caring.  Either way is a black eye for the hobby.  He talks about forgery industry.  He just may have become the president!

• DB, I agree. They are typically a good auction house. I think they just got snookered.  But for Cyrkin to promote this is pretty bad because if he were credible or people thought he was they might spend money on some of these.  I'm shocked they won't talk about this.....but then again, I'm really not!  This is not a secretarial Elizabeth Taylor.  IMO she didn't sign it neither.

This reply was deleted.