Interesting Darvick has been accused of forging presidential autographs, being a liar and also called a thief.  Appears Darvick agreed with being a liar and a thief but tried to wiggle out of being called a forger of autographs.

He calls practicing the writing of certain presidential autographs and doing so in front of collectors and dealers is not forging.

Then he tells one dealer they could get a fortune if they sold his Lyndon B. Johnson forgery.  The dealer still has the original Darvick LBJ forgery.

Darvick claims "in his own hand in a presentation inscription in his childrens book" to try and guess which two signatures in the book were signed by him".  

Darvick's forgeries are not perfect however many of them could fool some.  

At this time we believe we have found one signature in Darvick's book that could be attributed to him. At this time we are working on getting opinions of others before publishing the questionable autograph.

You need to be a member of Autograph Planet to add comments!

Join Autograph Planet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• About Stephen KoschaI's headline above: I never stole autographs from anyone.

Stephen Koschal is the only one to call me a forger, a liar, and a thief.

Stephen Koschal has flooded internet sites accusing me of forgery which must include, legally, the intent to defraud.  Nowhere in any of his accusations does he accuse me of an intent to defraud. In the last 50 years, I have, in person, shown interested collectors how certain presidents signed. I then tore them up and later disposed of them.T he crude forgeries Koschal illustrates elsewhere as accomplished in my hand, I believe, were signed by Stephen Koschal.

Above, in this article, he writes: "Darvick claims in his own hand in a presentation inscription in his childrens book to try and guess which two signatures in the book were signed by him". In my 1981 book COLLECTING AUTOGRAPHS, published by a division of Simon & Schuster, I inscribed a book to my friends autograph dealers and collectors George & Helen Sanders and asked them to try to guess which two signatures in the book were signed by me. THE TWO SIGNATURES I SIGNED IN MY BOOK WERE "Herman M. Darvick" printed on the cover as the author of the book and "Herman M. Darvick" at the conclusion of my Acknowledgments opposite the Contents page. Koschal claims on a few websites that THIS INSCRIPTION PROVES I am a "self-admitted forger." Over 40 years ago, Stephen Koschal was a respected dealer. I pity him for what he has become.

If I could afford to sue Stephen Koschal, I would. He used to spread his venom on his website "Autograph Alert." As a result of a lawsuit, he was forced to close it down. He now uses "Autograph Planet" to continue his attacks on me.

This reply was deleted.